Saturday 24 August 2013

Tuesday 30.08.11 - The last day I threw up


By the time it got to August I had several tests and checks to find out what was wrong. I had an endoscopy and they found nothing wrong and no damage to my stomach from all the throwing up!.(Praise God!) I had an MRI at the beginning of August and they discovered a ‘mass’ right by my right ear. It turned out that it was rested on my balancing nerve which threw off my equilibrium which is why I was throwing up so much. This explained why at times when I stood up from just sitting down it would trigger it, and when I arose in the mornings. The ENT doctor suggested I go see Dr.M in London for a consultation who specializes in Neurology to find out more about this ‘mass...’ 

The week before I went to go in for my consultation was physically the worst week and the most difficult, by this point my head was heavy and hard to hold up in the mornings and evenings. Despite this I was able to enjoy family day trips around the country. At this point I also wasn’t able to hold anything down either so I was running on empty. But somehow I found strength from God to push through and kept going forward despite how I felt and I felt bad. We got back on the Monday and on the Tuesday (30.08.11) was when we went in. This was the last day I threw up!!!! 

After waiting for a long time to be seen we go in for the hopes of some answers. His third in command just simply looks at the paper work and says come back in 3 days and we will give you another scan. 

I could not wait another three days. 

This is when the favour of God comes into play. A close family friend who works with the hospitals met us at the appointment and simply asked if there is any chance if I could have a scan today. He made some calls and said ‘would you be fine to wait an hour or so?’ we said yes, I could hold on for a couple more hours. Once my scan had finished and they looked at them, then came the news.

‘You have a brain tumour’ - ‘We have to admit you tonight’ - ‘We need to operate tomorrow’ -  ‘We need to get it out as soon as we can’ - ‘Your going to have to stay here over night’

It all came as a shock but I was relived to get answers and I was in the right place to get help, to be on my way out. We told my siblings and my Pastor drove them over. I was very glad to see them, I am so thankful for my family and the love and support they give. Now not a lot of people knew that I was sick, I tried to hide or not bring it up as I didn’t know what to say when people asked. My siblings put it out there on facebook, I’m sure it was a shock to many but everyone responded stating their support, love and prayers. 







No comments:

Post a Comment