Friday 19 February 2016

I will Bless the Lord at ALL times

When I woke up it was the strangest thing. I was in a whole new playing field of pain, every inch hurt, even my toes. Apparently the first thing I said was ‘I need painkillers’ but the first thing I remember saying is ‘I can’t move my neck!’ I had no strength to turn my head to the side, and I noticed my speech was slurred. I was OK, but it was a little scary.

The operation took 12 hours long and 3 doctors rotated during the operation. My facial nerves were wrapped around the tumour, so they had to carefully pull away each nerve, not damaging it and remove the tumour piece by piece. Again, I so saw the hand of God on my life, I envisioned that it was his careful, precise hands operating and guiding the doctors. Every single one of my nerves were saved AND they got the WHOLE tumour out!!


PRAISE GOD!! **Cue happy dance**

It was a relief to hear that news, and another reminder that I am cared for by the one who made the universe.

I was lying there in the bed, with a bunch of wires, monitors and gadgets doing things for me, helping me breathe, keeping circulation in my blood, feeding me nutrients amongst other things. I thought to myself, ‘So..it's done..I’m here, lying in this bed, not being able to do a single normal thing...what shall I do?’

Holy Spirit answered: ‘Bless the Lord.’
Me: ‘I can?’
I thought for a little bit and realised that in Psalm 34 we are called to Bless the Lord at ALL times, and this was an ALL time. I thought about it some more and realised that, if I can bless the Lord at the lowest moment in my life, I can’t see it get much worse than this, than I don't have a reason to NOT to bless the Lord!.

It was a bold thing to do, but that is what He asked us to do and He never gives us anything we can’t do and so I did. I found that my spirit and my heart were made glad and full of hope, love and the peace of God. I felt so alive when all I was saying was blessings to God and it lead me to remind myself of all the other good things God has done in my life.

Those two days in Critical Care were blessed times I spent with God, I was a awake a couple of hours at a time but all I did and could do was talk to God and talk to my mum, dad or the nurse about God. It was a step of faith to speak out and to take God at his word and really live it, we are called to such higher and greater things that God has made possible for us to reach.

I personally believe it is what got me out of critical care so quickly and such a key moment in my life to remember that where when I am feeling slightly down, or in pain I am quick to Bless the Lord, it's like I made a pact with myself that cannot be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment